Monday, October 7, 2013

a week of MIRACLES

me and my compañera at the mission home today.  we had an Hnas only activity!  We have 50 some hnas in the mission and about 45 in madrid that came to the activity!  I LOVE this mission!

Mis FUNDAS. por fin.  My scripture covers. Finally!  I ordered them LAST General Conference.  A guy in Malaga makes them.  I finally got them, and I LOVE them!

Hola Familia y amigos,

The stuff in grey is copied from my letter to President.  We haven´t much time, but what I wrote to president is pretty much everything that happened this week.

I saw miracles this week! It has been such a great week! We worked hard, and saw miracles.

Miracle 1
We are teaching a Spanish Woman who has lived a hard life and has told us that she has no faith and a hard heart. Our first 2 or 3 return appointments, she had not read in the Book of Mormon. Our last appointment with her, she read 3 Nefi 14 and Moroni 10. She had sticky notes marking the chapters, and had things to share about what she liked. We then spent time reading with her in 2 Nefi 31 and that brought a strong spirit. We talked about it and she said the closing prayer. She prayed in gratitude that she felt better and believed that God was helping her and that it was because she was learning about His truth or something. She also seemed happier, and I know she is begining to change.  gospel is helping her!
Lora is absolutely amazing.  She has seen a lot of hardship in her life, but now that she has started to read the Book of Mormon, I hope she will continue and see the blessings that it brings.  She still has a long way to come, but I know this gospel is for her, and I am sooo excited for her to progress!  I know this gospel is what she needs.  We haven´t known her very long, but I have so much love for her!
Miracle 2
We were out contacting one morning and we started with a prayer. We quickly recieved about 4 references. I was very happy, but praying in my heart that we could find a lesson. Not long after we found Suelita. She is from Leon, but living in our area. We were walking down the street and all of a sudden, I find myself talking to this lady, and asked her if she had some time. She said yes and so we sat down and taught her the Restoration. She really enjoyed it and we are going to continue teaching her!
This was a huge tender mercy for me!  I was really praying in my heart that we could find someone prepared and that we could have a lesson on the street.  I honestly cannot remember starting to talk to her.  I just remember talking to her all of a sudden.  I love moments like that.  The spirit really guides us to find those who we are meant to find.
Miracle 3
On Friday at Mediodia until Saturday at Mediodio we fasted that our investigators, less actives and recent converts could come to General Conference. This is my last General Conference in the Mission and I REALLY wanted the chance to watch it with someone. I was able to watch every single session in Spanish! The saturday session we had an investigator and her less active, husband-to-be, and 2 recent converts. The Sunday sessions, we had a recent convert, Oscar. He got to the chapel at 10am for his priesthood interview with the bishop, and stayed all sessions. It was a once in a life time experience to sit in the chapel and watch conference with these people that I love SO much! I am very glad that I had this opportunity!
This might be the biggest miracle of the week.  It was a little disappointing, because we were expecting so many more people to come.  But I will NEVER forget the moments where I was able to feel the Spirit and feel the love of God and the leaders of the church, and to look over at Oscar and know that he was feeling it too. He is super shy, but I know he enjoyed conference and that it made him feel good!  and Justino came for the saturday session.  He REALLY enjoyed it!  He said it wasn´t long enough.  But he couldn´t make it to the sessions on Sunday, other than priesthood.  i LOVE General Conference sooooo much!  I recieved a lot of inspiration and revelation to my questions and doubts.
I LOVE the mission, and am trying to make every moment count. I love my Savior and love this chance and opportunity to bear testimony of Him and the restoration of His gospel!
This week has been wonderful.  As is every week.  Every MOMENT of the mission is just fantastic!  I LOVE the mission soooooo much. Can I say it enough? I wish I could adequately describe how i feel, but there just are not words for it. 

Con amor,
Hermana Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment