Monday, October 14, 2013

Estoy serviendo en Barrio 1

 Me and our ward mission leader
 Me and Armine.  She helped us a ton with lessons!
 The district-all of us served in barrio 8 as well. Our ward was a district.  It was awesome!
saying good bye to: 
Justino (recent convert)
 Oscar (recent convert)
 Rosa
Oliva. Isnt Oliva sooo short?  I LOVE her soooo much!  She is probably one of my favorite members of my whole mission.

Hola familia y amigos,

We have had quite the transfer.  I am serving in Barrio 1.  I am still in madrid, but more in the North.  i live really close to Cuatro Caminos.  I don´t know if this is just a metro stop, or the actual part of Madrid, but you could look it up and figure out where I am.  Is it funny that I don´t really know?

My mind is a bit scattered this morning with transfers and everything. I must say I was surprised by the transfer. We have just arrived in Barrio 1 and we have a lot of work to do already! Hermanas Talbares and Ferrari worked hard and we have many progressing investigators and 4 on fecha. It surprises me that an area like this was white washed, and I feel bad for the other hermanas. But I know all is in the Lords hands and we will all see the miracles that we are meant to experience.
So they white washed the area we are currently in.  My new companion is Hermana Palomino.  She was raised in New York and Utah, but speaks perfect Spanish and English.  

The two Hermanas before us are staying together and were sent to go open an area.  It is super weird because white washes tend to happen when companions have problems, or the area is not going well.  But they stayed together, so clearly there are not problems getting along, and they left us with 4 investigators that are scheduled to be baptized. 2 this week and 2 next!  And an agenda full of appointments and stuff.  We don´t know why the area was white washed, but we will have a very busy and productive transfer!  

I have to explain a story.  Sunday morning President called, and told me that he wanted to read my letter to him in stake conference!  He asked my permission, and of course I said yes!  Wow, what an experience.
I was sad to leave Barrio 8, it was my longest area in my mission, but I feel good about Barrio 1 and am ready to work harder than ever before and see miracles! I was very surprised Sunday morning, when the phone went off and you were calling. It was amazing that you read my letter in Stake Conference! I do try to write with my soul, but I never realized my letter could have such an impact! Thank you for that opportunity.

This last week,  I really thought I would be transfered.  I just had a feeling.  I sure did not want to go though.  And it was super hard.  It honestly felt like leaving Logan again.  I had been in Barrio 8 the same amount of time, and it was hard to say goodbye.  I had the chance to say goodbye to Justino, Oscar, and a few of our Menos activos (less actives).  Justino gave me a farewell gift, and Oliva did too.  So SWEET.  I love the Latin people!

My last week in Barrio 8 was wonderful! I loved my time there, as I have loved my time in every area. I have come to think, that my current area is always my favorite because it is where I am currently loving the people. I still have great love for all of my areas, but I can say with confidence that right now Barrio 1 is my favorite area, or very soon will be!

I don´t really remember what we did this week.  Lora has continued to progress, and she is seeing miracles.  She told us she read more in the Book of Mormon and that she started at the beginning like we asked her to.  She read the first 5 chapters!  And she says she feels more energy and fuerza (strength?) to go about the day.  And she is feeling more peace and tranquilidad.  She says it is super weird, but making her think.  

I think it was hardest to leave her, and i did not get the chance to say goodbye, but I wrote her like a 2 page letter.  I really think she will get baptized this or next transfer.  It is hard because I am not close enough to go to the baptism, so I won´t be able to see it.

But I am very excited to be in Barrio 1.  We don´t know our investigators or the area or the ward, so I think i am most looking forward to the chance to start over.  I can be whoever I want to be.  I can be the best I have ever been, and really make the most of my last 3 transfers.  This is probably my last area, but with me you never really know!

This transfer, as we are white washing, I really want to work hard with the ward. We don´t know the area or anything, so we really need their help! And we need their trust, so I hope we can befriend them and serve them! I also want to work on teaching more by the spirit. To really rely on the Lord and so I am going to really study Predicad Mi Evangelio chapters 3 and 4. I am very excited for this transfer and for the MIRACLES that are waiting me, as I strive to do what the Lord would have me do in His vineyard!

I have a million pictures to send home, and not much else to say.  i KNOW this church is true.  I know God needs me in Barrio 1 for a reason.  I know I am in his hands.  We sang “I´ll go where you want me to go” the day we learned about transfers.   I love that song so much, and it really has applied to my mission.  I have had 18 companions, slept on 10 beds, and packed my suitcases 6 times now!  But every change has brought forth miracles and I know this one will be no different!

Con amor,
Hermana Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment