Monday, December 2, 2013

Me quedo en Barrio 1 (I´m staying in B1)


November 25, 2013
Hola familia y amigos,

I am beyond happy to report that me and Hna. Palomino will be staying together for another transfer.  Christmas Miracle numero 1.  I am so excited.  This transfer is going to be super exciting.  We are going to work hard, and see miracles.

This transfer is also going to be awesome becuase it is Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New Year and probably something else.  For Thanksgiving we already have some comidas.  We are going to a brazilian restaurant with the Elders and our ward mission leader.  I think we have a comida with a family in our ward as well!

We have great plans for Christmas too.  Christmas will be our P-day so we have plans to get together with a few Hermanas and do some fun stuff.  This transfer we also want to have an ugly sweater party.  So that will be fun!

The last week of this transfer was a little slow, but not bad.  Hna. Palomino was sick most of the week so we spent some time in the Piso for her to recuperate.  I think she is doing better now.

We found a lot more this week, and so hopefully we will start teaching more this transfer.  And we can start teaching new people.  This week, on Thursday, we had an amazing zone conference.  We talked about desire, a little about obedience, and also about finding.  I feel so determined to be a better missionary.  I am excited for this transfer and the opportunity to work every day to be a little bit better.  I haven´t much time left and I really want to be the best I can be!  I know great things are in store if I work hard, and I know I will work and be the best missionary I can be until my chapa is off.  But lets not think about that.  I still have plenty of time, and I am going to enjoy every minute of it and work hard every moment I can!

My intercambio in Villalba was great. A lot closer to the mountains.  It was beautiful.  I wasn´t there for long, but I really enjoyed the intercambio.  It definitely was not madrid.  It was still a city, but there was some country too. OH!  I saw horses and cows!  I haven´t seen horses and cows in 9 MONTHS!  I almost felt like I was in Logan.  We saw cows all the time in Logan.  So I really enjoyed Villalba. We had a ward noche de hogar that night too, and so I got to see the ward.  It was supportive.  I LOVE meeting members in Spain.  They are such wonderful people.

The Bolivar family is doing well.  They are going to be baptized on December 20th (Christmas Miracle numero 2) and we are so excited for them.

OH!  The mission is planning a huge Christmas concert.  We have to invite all our investigators and recent converts.  We, the missionaries, will be singing Christmas songs and they have a presentation to go with everything.  A Senior couple in our mission is planning it, they both used to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, so it is going to be pretty legit.  The 16th of December we will be having our concert.  I am super excited.  We have to memorize the songs and they want all of us to wear red (mom, I might need to buy something, because I don´t own anything red).  We have had a few practices and they have been pretty intense, but we are under the instruction of Mormon Tabernacle Choir vetrans, what can I expect?  i LOVE how I a serving in Spain, yet we have connections like this!  It amazes me!

I am looking forward to another transfer in Barrio 1.  Great things are going to happen.  Great things are a´foot in Madrid, Spain and at the Circle K.  I think I will look for 25 Christmas Miracles, I already have 2.

I KNOW this church is true.  I love the knowledge of the Gospel I have obtained and the strength of my testimony.  The mission is incredible.  I am so blessed, and I know that God and Jesus Christ love me!  I LOVE this Gospel and who it is helping me become.  I am changing and becoming someone better than I ever could have imagined!

I forgot my camera cord, so no pictures this week :( sorry!

Con amor,
Hermana Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment