Monday, April 15, 2013

What a great week!



Hola Familia y todos,

The weather has improved wonderfully!  I am no longer wearing tights, and walking around is so nice.  Usually it is just perfect, but around 3-4 it can be unbearably hot!  And it is only going to get hotter!  But it is good now.  I love it!

I don´t think I ever really explained much about my new area, as far as who we are teaching and all.

I have explained a bit about Julieta.  We still have not seen her.  We talked to her on the phone one time, but were not able to visit.  Most of the time she does not answer the phone.  We WILL NOT give up on her though.

Mariangela wants to be baptized.  She has a date for May 4, but we will have to change it because she did not go to church.  She wants to be baptized, but we do not know how well she understands everything, so we have to teach her a little at a time and review.  Other than not going to church, which she is working on, she is progressing well.

Edmundo, wants to be baptized but does not feel ready.  Because we are both new to the area we dont know him very well (we only met him once).  We are meeting him tonight and are going to see why he does not feel ready and what we can do to help him.  He has been meeting missionaries for a while and we think he is ready.

Other than that we have found a lot of new people.  Anita and Vicente are also investigators but we haven´t really taught much.  Mostly getting to know them.  Well, with Vicente we did teach the restoration.  When we contacted Anita she wouldn´t accept our Book of Mormon, but after teaching the restoration she asked if she could borrow one and she said she would read it when she had free time!  God is working on her!

But yeah, we have found a lot of new people.  We got 23 recibidas this week.  In other words, we received 23 phone numbers.  Some people lived out of our area and others were not really interested, but we are finding a lot!  I am excited to see how the last 2 weeks of the transfer go and I have faith that as we keep finding and keep teaching, we will have more investigators like Mariangela and Edmundo.

This week we had Zone Conference.  I learned a lot about faith.  We also got new mormon.org cards.  They have the smart phone code.  This means when we are contacting we can take people on the street to Mormon.org and show them a video or they can see the questions that REAL Mormons have answered.  What a great tool to use.  It was a website we had been giving people and telling them to go check out, but now we can take them there while we are contacting on the street!  Technology is amazing!  If anyone cannot tell, I am STOKED about this.

It has been a great week.  I love being a missionary, and learning every day.  Every day is an adventure on the mission.  Every day is hard, but I would not change a thing about the mission!  I LOVE IT ALL!

I think about all of you often.  I hope you are all doing well and doing everything you can to improve your relationship with your Savior Jesus Christ.  Anything is possible if you have faith!  I LOVE you all!

Con Amor,
Hermana Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment