Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spain means work!

Hna. Wright from exchanges.

 My piso
Lots of people in the Leganes ward. Nancy and us. Both pictures were for Hna. Coakwell's last Sunday.  The people here love us!

This smile is an inside joke we would do when we caught the other not smiling. 
 The district at Hna. Coakwell and Hna. Miron's last district meeting.
My teddy bear cake to celebrate a year from the day I opened my call and pi day of course!  Circles galore!
 Rain.
 Paulino
Eduardo's baptism.  I did not teach him, but he is in our ward!



Hola Familia y amigos,

It has been quite a week.  I am writing today, because we spent 3ish hours yesterday doing residency stuff.  I had to meet with a government official to apply for my residency card.  We spent ages in line and then I had like a 7 minute interview / paper work stuff.  But I am going to be legit legal in Spain soon, so that is good!  

This week has been INCREDIBLE!  We have really rocked the trio and worked super hard.  We taught investigators, less actives, and found new people all week.  We were never wondering what we should do next.  We have so many people to work with because they combined our areas.  It has been crazy, but I LOVE being so busy.  I want my whole mission to be like this, and I am going to work hard so that it can be!

I LOVE the mission.  Nothing super awesome happened this week, and I dont really have any specific stories, but it was just a great week.  I love being a missionary teaching the world His truth!  The gospel is true man!  Learn it, Live it, Love it, and PREACH it!  Thats what I am doing and it is changing my life!  My companion Hna. Blodgett is this super happy wonderful high-on-life kind of girl.  She is always pumped up to serve and she is always in a good mood.  It is a real blessing to be her companion.

We have taught so many investigators, less actives, and we have had some great moments finding new people.  I love it.  I love meeting new people, learning about them, and seeing what I can do to help.  

I have really felt myself be a missionary this week (like other weeks, this was just a really good one!).  We helped so many people and we are working with so many people.  I learned a lot this week about what it means to be a missionary and just help people.  I think part of this is because we have so much work and we are so busy, but the things I have learned this week I can apply for the rest of my mission.  Like even if I dont have any investigators, I can use my desire to be busy and work hard and put that into use as I contact all day.  Knowing what it is like to be so busy and work so hard, has helped me want that more.  yeah...

We have been working a lot with Analee this week.  She has been in and out of the hospital and we have had elders come twice to give her a blessing.  I love the power of the priesthood.  It testifies that the church is true!  It helps people heal and be comforted.  I’m glad we had the chance to have elders give Analee a blessing.

We have also started teaching some Nigerians and they are SO FUNNY.  We were talking about lions in Africa and if they ate people.  One of them said that they would eat Hna. Blodgett, but not me.  It was funny.  They speak English, but sometimes it is hard to understand and we dont know if they understand.  This same guy was asking us about our church and this is the conversation:
You pray?
Yes
You sing?
Yes
You cast out monsters?
No. Not that one.

It was funny.  Another funny experience was when I was setting up an appointment with our investigator.  We are supper busy this week and I was trying to tell him that, but I accidently told him we were really worried this week. (ocupado is busy and preocupado is worried)  I corrected myself though.

Highlights of the week- 

Saturday morning we had invited one of our investigators to play futbol with some of the men in our ward in the morning, and since we were supposed to have an investigator we decided to go play too.  The men (young men mostly) were super surprised to see hermana missionaries wanting to play futbol but they welcomed us to play.  It was super fun.  Our investigator never showed up, but I had fun playing soccer with legit latinos.  Man they were good!  

I suck at futbol but it was fun to watch them and watch their feet go!  The best part was when they passed me the ball, and I figured I might as well go for a goal cause I was close to the net.  So I gave it a good kick and, I SCORED!!!!!  Ive never scored a goal in my life, I am super pleased that my first one was in spain with a bunch of latinos.  Spain has magic--especially if it can make me play soccer!  Basically I love it here in Spain. 

Word on the street (of the mission) is that some visa-waiter Hermanas are coming because they just got their visas. So our trio might not last so long. We dont know who will get the new girl, but she has been visa waiting so she shouldnt be brand new to the field.


Now, photos like I promised!

Con Amor,
Hermana Olsen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment